Bates Interior Solutions is now proud to be reselling InstaCradle – unique, patented, rubber crumb cradles and base packers manufactured from quality recycled tyre rubber. Together with cradle packers, timber battens overlaid with chipboard, plywood or a hardwood, they form the prime component in creating high performance acoustic and sports floors which can accommodate a variety of floor coverings.
- Rubber crumb cradles have a 60 year guarantee
- Available as cradle and packer components or a full system
- Fast, easy and cost-effective to install
- Cradles are loose laid and do not require fixing to sub-floor
- Adjustable to produce varying finished floor heights
- On-site levelling to overcome uneven floors
- No levelling screeds or drying times needed
- Manufactured from recycled materials
- Fully recyclable, genuine ‘cradle-to-cradle’ product
- Excellent acoustic solutions
- Underfloor void for services
- System can accommodate underfloor heating
- Cradles are unaffected by water
- Hard cradles available for use in areas of increased loads
- Requires no maintenance
- Can accept a range of floor finishes including ceramic tiles
- Hardwood floors can be secret nailed direct to timber battens
- Structural loadings minimised due to lightweight system
- Suitable for use with outside decking
Widely used in refurbishment, conversions and new build projects, these versatile and environmentally friendly cradles are able to provide an extensive range of finished floor heights. They also provide accurate and rapid on-site levelling to eliminate any unevenness in the structural floor surface.
The InstaFloor Cradle and Batten System is designed either as a raised floor, accommodating underfloor services, or as a floor offering extremely high standards of acoustic and sports performance. InstaCradles can be quickly and easily levelled on-site with the use of cradle packers and base packers, as required.
InstaFloor can supply complete systems with all necessary components or, for those wishing to purchase the battens and chipboard or plywood locally, we can supply the cradles, together with cradle packers (2mm or 5mm) and base packers (10mm or 30mm).
The unique rubber crumb InstaCradle is ideal for use with exterior timber decking as it provides a durable, quiet, shock absorbing system.
The outside area where the decking is to be installed does not have to be an even surface as the InstaCradle system is adjustable in height and can be levelled on site. Combinations of 2mm and 5mm cradle packers, with 10mm and 30mm interlocking base packers for more difficult areas, are used to alter the cradle height and ensure that the decking surface is completely level.
A suitable support batten is simply inserted loose into the cradles and the chosen decking material is then fixed directly to each batten with the traditional clips and fixing brackets common in the industry.
InstaCradles are made from environmentally friendly recycled rubber crumb and provide excellent acoustic insulation that isolates the impact sound, which can be really important on outside balconies or flat roofs where sound transmission can be an issue. The rubber cradles cause no damage to the sub-surface, such as flat roofs, and eliminate the creaking created by many types of plastic cradles that are used for outside decking. The cradles are also very hard wearing, water resistant and do not become brittle in cold weather conditions.